Community First at SpaExpo
At SpaExpo, we understand that COVID-19 is a very serious virus and we are implementing recommended preventative actions as put forth by state and local authorities along with the Centers for Disease Control. The safety of our customers and our employees is a top priority.
The Department of Public Health is getting questions about possible impacts from COVID-19 for swimming pools and spas. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. Salt water generates its own chlorine as long as the bodies of water are maintained properly.
SpaExpo maintains the Essential Business status, and thus will remain open in a limited capacity.
Open bodies of water, including swimming pools and hot tubs, must be treated so they don’t become a public health hazard.
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool and hot tub maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various pathogens can grow, such as Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Shigella, etc. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool or hot tub provides the ideal way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool and hot tub maintenance should be performed by an industry professional.
- If you are attempting to treat your own pool or hot tub, necessary chemicals can be and should be purchased. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
Our store is remaining open and we are taking precautions due to the very serious nature of COVID-19.
- Store hours will remain as is with increased safety and sanitation measures in place. We will also be offering curbside service.
- Virtual consultations via FaceTime or video conferencing are available if you have any questions.
- To schedule an appointment or a virtual consultation, call (512) 459-9181
Our service department is operating as normal with a number of additional precautions:
- We have very limited contact with customers as most spas are serviced from the exterior.
- All of our technicians are wearing personal protective equipment, such as masks and gloves, and they will execute disinfection cleaning and wiping as needed.
Our team is ready to help you with all of your spa needs. If you have an idea that’s not mentioned here, give us a call and ask! We’re here to help!
Thank you for supporting this local, family-owned business.